I made this amazing choc mint tart for a dinner parties with some girlfriends on the weekend, and I HAD to share it with you guys, because it’s too good not to share!
I came across Bianca’s Wholefood Simply website a while ago, and just haven’t gotten around to making any of her recipes. Bianca’s recipes are all gluten and refined sugar free, so they’re great for anyone with sensitive eaters.
One of my girlfriends is gluten free, so I decided to make a dessert that she would be able to eat. I haven’t made any gluten free recipes, but I was delighted when this one turned out so well! I think it would be great for anyone who is clean eating during BBG, or any other fitness regime.
If you’re after clean, healthy treat recipes, I definitely recommend Bianca’s website!
Choc Mint Tart
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 10 dates (I had to add these in order for the base to be less crumbly)
- flesh of 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon natural peppermint extract
- top (optional)
- 30 grams dark chocolate, melted
- Place the base ingredients into your food processor and pulse at high speed until the mixture resembles a sticky crumb.
- Press the mixture firmly into the base of an 18cm spring form pan.
- Place in the freezer to set.
- To make the filling place the avocados and coconut oil into your food processor and blend at low to medium speed until the mixture is becoming quite smooth. Add the honey, blend again at medium speed. Your mixture should be fairly smooth by now. Mix in the peppermint extract.
- Spoon the filling over the base, level the top with the back of a spoon and return the tart to the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer. Use a teaspoon to drizzle over the melted chocolate. Serve. Eat. Enjoy